Helping Your Conscious Mind by Leveraging Your Unconscious Mind
Providing You With an Alternative to Overcome Obstacles
Welcome! I’m Chris Barry and I’m a certified hypnotherapist and mental trainer. My goal is to help you to learn the power of your mind and in turn, help empower you to reach your goals, deal with negative experiences and make positive changes in your life. I specialize in helping clients deal with stress and anxiety but can also help with smoking cessation, insomnia, weight loss, improved sports performance, and so much more.
I have been a consulting hypnotist since mid-2009, when I moved to Calgary from Winnipeg. I have trained in various forms of hypnosis relating to therapy, originally as a graduate of the Calgary Hypnosis Academy. I have also trained in other hypnosis modalities, such as street and stage performance. I started my therapeutic hypnosis practice in 2010, had my first stage show in 2012, and started doing public street hypnosis in 2014.
For me, when you’re doing something you enjoy, the most important thing is to keep learning! There are many ways therapeutic hypnosis can be applied to a person’s situation; I’ve studied and consulted with other practitioners to be as well-educated as I can be so I can provide the most fitting help and assistance to my clients. I’m an executive member of the Hypnosis Society of Alberta, a regular attendee of the largest Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hypnosis group in Calgary. I’m also a member in good standing of several hypnotist organizations, most notably the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH) and I also enjoy being a street performer hypnotist. All of these have provided me with great learning experiences, training and of course, practice – all of which you will benefit from.
Applications of Hypnotherapy —
Hypnotherapy is an extremely versatile tool which specializes in dealing with problems that are ultimately rooted in the subconscious. Problems with memory, bad habits, harmful behaviors, self-improvement are all areas hypnosis is excellent at improving including:
Stress is becoming more and more of a concern in our lives and comes in different forms – exam anxiety, public speaking anxiety, performance anxiety… If you’ve ever talked to someone who has experienced hypnotism, they will tell you how relaxing it is. But more than just relaxing, we’ll find the cause of stress and create the resources within you to deal with it more effectively.
Fears and Phobias
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Compulsive, Unwanted Habits
Find Your Solution —
It’s as simple as contacting Chris and Booking an appointment…
If you have questions about how hypnotherapy might be able to help you, performances, or workshops please contact me.
Your solutions begins with a consultation and/or session.
CODE OF ETHICS —
As a member of The Hypnosis Society of Alberta, I pledge myself to observe and maintain the Declaration of Principles of the Society and to constantly strive to conduct myself in a manner which will elevate the public image of hypnosis. I apply the following Code of Ethics to my work, believing these Standards to be essential to the honourable practice of Hypnotism.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- I neither act, nor attempt to induce others to act, in any way which might adversely affect the acceptance of hypnosis by the public.
- I will deal fairly and honestly with my subjects, acting always in their best interest and will hold confidential all information given to me.
- I will conform to the highest standards of accuracy, truth and good taste, and will not knowingly disseminate false or misleading information nor make false claims as to the efficiency of Hypnosis.
- I will engage in no practice which might tend to corrupt the integrity of The Hypnosis Society of Alberta.
- I will never intentionally injure the reputation of a fellow member of the Society, nor will I employ methods tending to be derogatory to any other member.
- I will willingly make my experience and services available to any other member of the Society.
- I will immediately, without malice, disclose to the properly appointed officials of the Society any deviation from this Code by any other member.
- I will not accept membership in any other group or organization which would require me to act in contravention of this Code.
- In matters of dispute, I will make all the facts known to any examining body appointed by the Society, and will accept in arbitration the decision of said body.
- I will always bear in mind these principles, my obligation to the needs of others, and my responsibilities as a member of The Hypnosis Society of Alberta.
If you ever feel I have acted in a manner that contradicts the above code of ethics, please contact
the Hypnosis Society of Alberta.